Monday, October 3, 2016

EMAIL: Questions about Facebook?

I have been able to volley in email just a bit with Evan on most of his Pdays. I was able to ask him some questions  about how Facebook is used, if it is hard for him to see friends and family and if it presents a temptation for him. This was his reply. Made my heart nearly burst. 


"It would be distracting but with the training I have received I know how and when to use it. On Wednesday we had specialized training (I only go twice my first 3 months) and we had a surprise iPad audit which means that our mission president looks over our iPads to see if we have been using it in the ways we are supposed to. He looks at our facebook, photos, email, IMessage, Skype, internet, notes and basically the whole thing to make sure we are being focused and dignified in our work. My mission Pres said that I have been using my iPad in just the right way that the prophet and apostles would want me to use it. He said that I'm using my time wisely (he can see how much time I spend on email, Facebook... so on) So that's good. Something I do before I get on my iPad is pray and ask for the spirit to guide me and I make sure my companion watches everything I do. 

When I get on and see pictures of fam and friends it just helps me. It helps me knowing what's going on at home and just seeing pictures makes my heart get warm and fuzzy and gives me motivation. I miss my family but I don't get homesick. I miss home but it doesn't distract from the work or my physical, mental, or spiritual state. I give myself 3 min a day to think about family. One in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one before I go to bed."

Love you, 
Elder Marz;)

No comments:

Post a Comment