Monday, October 3, 2016

EMAIL: WEEK 9 - Pizza & Exchanges

Written - September 26, 2016 at 1:36pm
(Partially edited)

Hey Mama,

This week has been good, just as fast as last week! It's crazy how fast time flies!
Been trying to get to know all the members and less actives but it's been really hard! The Hispanics here have a really hard time with setting a "specific" time and date when the missionaries can come by but we've been able to still find people to teach.

The area is nice. There are some sketchy areas but we don't go into them often.




We've been fed quite a bit from the members, they are super nice. I got my haircut done by one of the members that was nice. The food from the members is way good! I've had all sorts of food from different places. Peruvian, Ecuadorian, Salvadoran, Mexican, all sorts! But I'd have to say that Peruvian food is the spiciest! One day this past week we went to this really cool pizza place and the slices were HUGE!

we are trying to go try some more local restaurants around here just so we can get a feel of the type of food here in jersey, so far there're tons!

I'm so exited for conference! Our whole weekend is going to be constant so awesome! It's so nice to hear from our prophet and apostles! I can't wait to be spiritually fed! Each day I get spiritually fed but being able to listen to general conference is a whole other thing!

I went on exchange with my district leader Elder Garfield. We went to this area of Jersey city called The Heights and it's a English area. I stayed a night and two days with him and it was so weird teaching in English cause I haven't taught in English for a while now and I kept on forgetting the English words haha but it was also really nice jut to take a small break from Spanish
.


My companion is having a hard time this week so we are trying to pick up momentum. 
I'm learning and using more and more Spanish so that's good!

The weather here is so nice! The high yesterday was 70! The leaves are starting to change and we are getting a little rain  and cloudy days here and there so that's nice. And the sunsets are so pretty! Reminds me of home! Last Monday I went to tjmaxx and bought two more pairs of pants and a light rain jacket so that's been helpful.

Hey remember how I had 43 dollars in quarters? Well I brought those and I had no idea why, at the time it was just extra weight. But it turns out that I was suppose to bring them! There are tons of toll roads here and parking meters, and for our laundry machines so those quarters were nice to have haha.

 That's awesome that Craig and Jody got to come down though! I would have loved to have some of those cream puffs!

Well I'm doing great! It's getting better and better everyday! My testimony is growing everyday!
Please send me more pics throughout the week, I love to see them!

Love, 
Elder Marz;)

3 Nephi 13:31-33

"31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."


"31 No os afanéis, pues, diciendo: ¿Qué comeremos o qué beberemos, o con qué nos hemos de vestir?

32 Porque vuestro Padre Celestial sabe que tenéis necesidad de todas estas cosas.

33 Mas buscad primeramente el reino de Dios y su justicia, y todas estas cosas os serán añadidas."



No comments:

Post a Comment