Wednesday, August 31, 2016

EMAIL: WEEK 5 MTC - Last week before New Jersey

ELDER MARZ AND ELDER DAVIS - FUN BACK STORY... YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MEET AND HOW THEY'LL BLESS YOUR LIFE ONE DAY. WHEN WE LIVED IN AUSTIN TEXAS WE WERE FRIENDS WITH THE APPLEGATE FAMILY. TIFFANY APPLEGATE'S OLDER SISTER LIVES HERE IN ST. GEORGE... HER GOOD FRIEND FROM ARIZONA HAS A SON (MASON, PICTURED ABOVE) THAT WAS CALLED TO THE SAME EXACT MISSION AS EVAN!!! WAAAHAT! THEY WENT INTO THE MTC THE SAME DAY AND LEAVE FOR THE MISSION FIELD THE SAME DAY. ID SAY THAT IS PRETTY SPECIAL AND I LOVE THE WAY THE LORD WORKS IN OUR LIVES. IN MYSTERIOUS  AND WONDERFUL WAYS:)

One other bit a coolness.... Another friend in our ward here is St. George, her nephew (Elder Olsen)  is serving in Evans mission. He left the Mexico MTC to head to New Jersey the day Evan entered the MTC. This little blurb came in his email home this week. Pretty cool!

"President Taggart said he has seen more miracles going on in this mission than he has ever seen before.  God is blessing our mission for our obedience he says. " 

(Partially edited) 
08/31/2016
Hey fam and Friends!
Its crazy to think that i leave on monday! My flight leaves at 7 but we have to leave the MTC at 230am! Im super excited! Everyone is gearing up and getting ready! We've all been packing our rooms, it feels so weird to be packing cause it feels like i just unpacked yesterday haha. Everyone is so ready to leave and get in the field already, we are all speaking lots and lots of spanish. Actuly we are speaking so much spanish that we read the BOM every night as a district in spanish. I got this really cool scripure case for my spanish BOM and its leather and has an engraving of the SLC Temple on it, lets just say i love it alot (I had a picture of the front but it didnt turn out very well so ill have to send a pic next week)

I got the pictures!!! I was wanting some pictures so bad cause the only pictures i had were of myself in that book you made me. I flip through those pictures every night, they make me happy;) I showed my teachers the pitures and the woulndt stop laughing about how we have so many blonde heads in our fam. I got your letter you sent through missionarymail but i havent gotten a single hand written letter if youve been sending those. They say it takes a month for letters and packages sent from the US to get here so hopefully theyll forward them up to NJ.

Sunday was really good. I didnt get to talk but i did have to opportunity to teach preisthood to all the elders in our zone. I taught about the importance of the spirit and why it is essentail to have the spirit allways (I taught in english. Only the talks need to be in spanish). Lots of elders had insite to share which was nice. Our last sunday is a fast sunday so we dont need to prepare talks.

There has been lots of sick elders! Last thursday i had to sit in the doctors office for 4 hours while one of my companions was hooked up to an IV. Another elder that lives in our house is sick. He has actully been in the hospital in mexico city for 4 days. He has a Urinary tract infection and a kidney infection and hes getting his appendix removed he should be coming back in a few days. Alot of bugs are going around. Last night after pizza night i didnt feeel really good but this morning i feel great. One fact about my time here at the MTC is that Ive lost 15 pounds? Im not really sure how i did but i have.
Pdays we are still ballin up and gettin gainz. We actully invented a new game called MARZ is like pig but with MARZ... or other elders last names, so now that i think about it we really didnt make a new game haha.

Well peeps everything is going well for me here and i cant wait to get up to NJ next week, its going to be so much fun!
Love you all and thanks for all your prayers and thoughts!
Elder Marz

No comments:

Post a Comment