Tuesday, December 6, 2016

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS to Mom

I (mom) usually have a little bit of time to volley with Evan (ahem) Elder Marz, every Monday on his Prep Day. Sometimes more than others. It is such gift. I asked him a few questions (in BOLD) recently and thought his responses were so sweet I wanted to record them. 


What has been the biggest surprise as a missionary? 
The biggest surprise probably would be how fast time flies. The day after Christmas marks 5 months for me, that's crazy to think about.

What has been the hardest thing for you? ( I know you are amazing and near super human :) but I know you’ve got to have hard days or moments… what does that look like) 
Well I miss st George. I miss home. I miss the fam. I miss Tyler Weller. I miss going to the gym ever morning, I miss going on adventures, I miss Mishawn, I miss my fishing.
I miss a lot of things but I'm doing good. I don't think about those very often. I'll be back to those things faster than I know it.

What has been your biggest struggle? 
I don't really know? Language is still a barrier but other than that nothing else.

Do you feel like you were prepared well for the mission?
Yes I think so

Is there anything you would have done differently..? looking back?
I wish I went on splits more often and got to know the missionaries better.

What has been your biggest blessing so far? 
Probably my companion. We have never had any confrontations or anything like that. We've gotten along right from the begging.

What do you feel you have learned the most so far in your mission? 
Well a lot of Spanish and just really learning what exactly the church and the gospel is about.

What do you feel you need the most now? 
I don't really know? I don't think I really need anything specifically right now.


Love,
Elder Marz

No comments:

Post a Comment