Sunday, August 20, 2017

EMAIL: Week 33 - Dover ... New Area and New Companion

WRITTEN: 3/13/17

Hey momma,

I'm doing good. We had an awesome sabbath. I gave a talk and then and a musical number and then I helped teach the primary about prophets and apostles. I love kids haha. I can't wait to be able to hold kids again!
The weather here sucks... that's just an understatement. Earlier this week it was in the 60s and then Thursday hit and it snowed (Thursday happens to be our walking day because we are trying to save miles) and it was like 17 degrees all. Day. Long. It was miserable but its all good. It's supposed to snow tomorrow but like 18 inches!😬. Let's just say that I can wait to get back to st George. I saw you guys are like in the perfect 80s like all week. That's totally not fair! Haha. We don't see a to. Of missionaries any more. Only when we have meetings. I'm in the biggest area in the mission so we don't usually walk into each other very often. We haven't don't any exchanges but we should be doing some soon so I guess we'll wait and see. Things with my comp are good. Still just trying to be super patient with him. It's a struggle buuuut I'm working through it. I'm trying to be the best missionary i can be but it's hard to be a missionary when your comp doesn't really care. He doesn't get up when he's supposed to, he sleeps in appointments, just kinda lazy sometimes and what I've realized is we cannot be lazy while doing the lords work. He will not bless us and put people in our path if we are not working hard and "obeying with exactness". It's sad to see other missionaries that just don't care what they do out here on their mission. I care and that's why I'm working as hard as I can and not letting anything or anyone slow me down. I've messaged Bro Jordan a few times just to seek some council pertaining to what I should do with Elder Griffith but that's about it. He's working and trying to find people to go on dates with, which he's had no luck with haha. Hopefully I can get a job and go on dates soon after I get back haha.


This week was pretty fast. We had a few appointments with members but our primary focus has been to try and find more people mission wide. So Pres taggart said that everyone should be out everyday from 6pm-9pm trying to find. So we've knocked a lot of doors this week with little no no luck but we will keep pressing forward to try and find more. 

I've studied a lot this week just how awesome the restored gospel is and how true it is. I would think and poder about how big our church is and how the church and the gospel is perfect! There is not a single flaw or missing part in this gospel! And everywhere across the whole world the church is the same wether your in China, Texas, Utah, New Jersey, or Canada. The church is the exact same everywhere! It just amazes me. I open up LdsTools and look and all the chapels and temples there are world-wide and I just get this overwhelming feeling that no matter who ever try's to tell us that we are wrong for what we believe and that we are even dumb for being religious in this world that could care less about religion. That fact is we aren't wrong or dumb. We are right and we know it! I've pondered a lot about how the outside world has that affect to try to change us from the the outside in. It works like any old cold or virus. It works hard to get inside us and when if finally does it can destroy us and break us down, it can make us vulnerable to more harmful things. When we work strengthening our inside (testimony) with all sorts of nutrients and healthy stuff (scriptures, prayer, sabbath day observance, the Holy Ghost, pure clean thoughts). Those outside forces will not have a affect on our body's or our spirits. When we do that enough then people can see the purest of light shining from you and now you start having and outward affect on those around you from the inside. It's truly amazing. We all have the light of Christ in our countenances but the question is how bright do we shine? Are we a single little light on a Christmas tree or are we like a LED lightbar on a jeep? Haha funny comparison.

Anyways those are some of my thoughts I've been having. Thanks for all your quotes and awesome talks!

It's weird how fast time seems to pass when we look back at it! I've been out for 230 days! That's crazy!

Love,
Elder Marz


No comments:

Post a Comment