Sunday, August 20, 2017

EMAIL: Week 34 - Snow Snow and MORE Snow

WRITTEN : 3/20/17

My week has been good. Lots and lots of snow! We got like 27 inches on Tuesday alone and then it snowed all day Saturday.... I don't like the snow. Well at least not living in so much of it! Yeah those boots have been awesome. I might send that coat home. It's not very water proof so all the snow when it's snowing just get caked to it and it gets really heavy. I bought a windbreaker/snow coat while I was in jersey city and it's super warm so I've been just layering up with wool socks and sweats under my slacks and sweaters and my snow jacket.

The week has been good lots of shoveling and lots of juked appointments. The winter time is really slow when it comes to teaching cause nobody is outside and nobody wants to be bothered so we are trying to find more. We found two on Saturday and we were supposed to have an appointment with both of them yesterday but then they juked. We had a family home evening at he church with some investigators and members and we talked about some misconceptions about some stories and we used the Bible to answer them. Like a lot of people say that Adam and Eve and an apple but it really wasn't so we showed them the scripture that said what they ate. It was fun, we made brownies. We also had some conference on Friday and I got to see elder Davis. Hopefully soon we can be companions. He's such a dork but I love him haha. He says that we are even better friends than spongebob and Patrick haha. We are definitely goi g on some fishing trips after our missions!




In my studies I've been studying about prayer and how amazing prayer is. I saw a quote on Facebook and it said something like prayer needs to be as natural as breathing or walking. Wow. (Drop the mic). It really does! Too many of us just have our morning and night and meal prayers and that's it but we often forget that God wants to listen to us. He's always listening. We don't have to be in need of something just to pray and talk to our Heavenly Father. But if we do need something he wants to help but first we have to ask. D&C 4:7 "7 Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. Amen." I challenge you to find times throughout your day wether you have two min before the kids come home or you are cooking dinner just to pray and talk to our father in heaven and just feel the comfort that we receive when we talk to our Heavenly Father. I've been doing that a lot lately just to talk to my father in heaven and it's been so comforting. Don't just pray when you need comfort or strength but always pray. It like being all wrapped up in a soft warm blanket and then drinking some hot chocolate. You just become overflowed with comfort. Prayer is amazing! "Did you think to pray?"

I love you all so much thanks for all you do!


Love,
Elder Marz
Oh and I can receive packages and amazon to my apartment. Could you send me some more of that hair stuff? It's the blue kind.

Oh and I asked president if I could go fishing and he said yes, of course but as long as you share with me haha. So Scott might be sending me a little rod and some stuff to go fishing and he might by my license too. I'm going to go to Walmart and dicks sporting goods to see if I can get some stuff there cause today I had planed to go scout out some good spots to fish but it would be nice if I could just get started fishing if I find a good spot. Let's just say I'm excited! 


No comments:

Post a Comment