Wednesday, August 30, 2017

EMAIL: Week 39 - Golden Investigator and Bonus Note "I Love You"

WRITTEN 4/24/17
Hey everyone!

This week has been awesome!

I'll start talking about Tuesday cause you know what happens on Monday.

Tuesday we went to district meeting and it was quite interesting cause there was only four of us. Elder Brooks, myself, and another companionship of English elders. Usually we have 2 sets of elders, one set of sisters, senior couple, and one zone leader but this time the sisters were at the mission home for an emergency and everyone else was in different meetings so it was a fun little meeting. The rest of the day I was on exchange with another elder in Clinton, about a 40-60min drive from Dover. We went to a small town near the edge of the mission boundaries called lambertville. And I kid you not, this town was obsessed with fish just as much as I am. They had fish things hanging from the trees, door mats, pictures of fish, fish were everywhere! And the Delaware flowed right next to the town, and there were people fishing! Jezz man talk about my kind of town haha.

Wednesday we switched back and then we did some knocking to try and find some peeps. Did some street contacting. Cool fact the busiest street in our area happens to be where our area splits with the sisters area. So when we contact people it's usually a 50/50 chance that they live in our area ๐Ÿ˜‚. We walk that street promoting our English class with flyers. We're seeing some success from that cause the church is on the same street so people already know where it is. We had our English class later that night and it was awesome.

Thursday we had an appointment with our "GOLDEN" investigator Omar. Seriously though this guy is sooo awesome! He has kept every appointment we've made and he's never cancelled or juked. And even better he's kept every commitment we've given him! He accepted to be baptized on Mother's Day (May 14th) so we are super excited! His wife is a member but has been inactive for years! So this such an amazing opportunity to change some lives and we are so happy!

Friday we had service in the morning and we painted doors! (See video). You would think painting doors would be as easy as just slapping paint on and spreading it around but there's actually a process and it takes more time and effort then you would think! After service we came back home and had papusas (a dish from Honduras and it like a thicker tortilla with melted cheese in the middle. They are soooo good!) with the guy at the gas station who pumps all the gas (for those of you who don't know New Jersey and Oregon are the only states that have a law that makes it so you can't pump your own gas. Someone has to pump it for you! Weird right!? It's a really nice law to have when it's flippin cold outside and you don't want to get out of the car haha). Later we had some appointments with members.

Saturday we had appointments throughout the day but almost all of them got cancel or juked. So we tried to do some soapboxing but that wasn't super effective so we stopped. Later that night we had appointments with both of our investigators. Ana and her family who are interrogators they've been investigating for years and so we are trying to change that. Helping them maki g the smallest of changes in their lives so they can repent and be baptized. We Invited them to church so we hope they come. Then we had an appointment with Omar! We taught him the plan of salvation and it just made sooo much sense to him. We asked him to think about how it would be if we could live with God and Jesus and our families. He said it would be incredible and he's so right! We told him that it's possible to live with God, Jesus Christ and our families. #Hesprepared!

Sunday we had ward council in the morning and then church. Ana and her family came and also Omar and his family! Elder Brooks gave a talk about faith and repentance and it was really good. Both of our investigators and their families really enjoyed church! After church we met a member at a part member family's home. Bishop hunks that this family will open up if they are taught by elders so we went over and got to know them a little better. We are doing a chapel tour with the family on Wednesday so that should be awesome! Later that night we had dinner with the Montenegro family. Super fun time and super good food! Definitely one of my favorite families in my mission so far. I love this family. Hopefully after I finish my mission a can take a few trips back and visit them.

That's a little bit about my week. Hope you guys had a good week! 
Love ya!

Love,
Elder Marz















BONUS NOTE  WRITTEN 4/17/17

Hey mama,
Just letting you know I'm not breaking the rules for sending you an email this late, I got permission:)

Well mama I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me and how much I love you. And I would want you to know that you have had a profound effect on me and continue to do as well. As it says in the primary song "The wise man built his house upon the rock" I would have to say that you are definitely part of my houses foundation! You've been there for me every second of the way. The day I was born to today while I'm on my mission. Through the thick and thin. The organized times and the unorganized. When I was hating life because of my decisions and times when you could sit and watch me grow and make better choices. Times when I've had no passion for anything and times that I'm full of passion. Times when I've had to make little changes and times when I've had to make big changes. You have been in my life in every aspect and that will never change. I am sooo grateful to be your son. And I feel really really blessed to be in such a loving family. I miss every one of you very much. I feel also so blessed to have been taught everything I know by such AMAZING parents. Seriously though! All of your kids (and me) are truly blessed to have such an amazing mother like you. I'm sure Wally and Daidy will be the better ones out of all of us. I think your first three are knuckle-heads๐Ÿ˜‰. Don't let the world pull you down and let you think that you are not doing enough as a mother, or that you're not doing a good job. We both know that's not true. And everyone who knows you or this family can vouch for you! I love you so much. I think about all the fun times we had together. Going on our little fishing trip, all my evanisms. Actually I had one today sort of, I meant to say "pop a squat" but I said "squat a pop", yeah I'll prob be doing those evanisms for a lot longer;) I cannot wait to be back home so I can share with you all my experiences and things that I've learned. I know I still have a lot more time but it goes by sooo fast!
Well I have to get ready for bet but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and that you're the world to me.


Love,
Elder Marz

No comments:

Post a Comment