Wednesday, September 20, 2017

EMAIL: Q & A with Elder Marz :)

(a short exchange with Mom and Elder Marz worth documenting - 
BOLD questions are from mom and answers from Evan - Written: 6/5/17) 

Do you need anything? 
No I think I'm all good.
Since you are coming up upon a year mark, do you need anything. like different shoes, pants, shirts etc… new towel, toiletries, new sheets blanket? 
I inherited my fathers (elder Jordan's) blankets. Two super thin but warm fleece blankets and they're really big. I still have the other ones but when it's hot I don't need the down or fuzzy one.
How are things with your companion? 
Things are great as usual. He's super awesome and fun to be around. Definitely the companion I've been waiting for!
When does your new mission president get here? 
He gets here in like three weeks I think. Crazy right?!

So .. what do you feel you have learned the most since on your mission? 
My personal testimony on the importance of the family has had a fire hydrant spraying since I left. Really though if I understood how important family was before my mission I would have treated it differently. The fact that family is an eternal principle that means that we can be together even after this life. It also means that before this life we knew eachother and we said "we can do this together, but let's make sure we get each others back so that we'll be able to be together again." Family really is the center of Gods plan, and I think that I really understand that. My family has been such a blessing to me and it continues to be!
What do you feel you needed the most as you served the past 10.5 months?
Patience haha.
What has been your hardest challenge (overall) ? 
As of right now all is well but probably the past two comps that I've had (not including elder Brooks. He's awesome!) they were really difficult.
Are there part of your testimony that have grown that you didn’t know you had? 
My whole testimony has grown. I don't think I would have learned the things I know now if I didn't go on my mission at the time I did.
If your mission was over tomorrow... what word would you use to describe your mission so far? 
Learning 
What do you wish (pray) for most during the next 12 months? 
I really want to find those who are prepared. 70% of the time as a missionary is talking to people who aren't prepared. I'm tired of wasting the lords time on people who are not ready. 

Wow it sounds like that youth conference was really really fun! I totally wish I was there! Super duper spiritual!

I'm really doing great. It's kinda gross that I'm almost to a year already! I miss st George and all the fun things I did. Going to the gym, road trips, little drives up to pineview, going to sand hollow, hanging out with friends, mowing the lawn, my music, exploring with Tyler,  hanging out with the Peacocks taking, daidy and the little ones in my "race car" haha, picking up Theo at preschool. I miss you. I miss being able hug you. But I've heard that the second year goes by a lot faster than the first so I'm getting close and closer to those hugs everyday!


Love,
Elder Marz

No comments:

Post a Comment