Wednesday, September 20, 2017

EMAIL: Week 58 - "DANCE Elder Marzo! DANCE!"

WRITTEN: 9/4/17















Holy smokes this week was crazy!

Monday was pday and we were at the beach as zone. It was soooo nice out! It was sunny and we are starting to get those cold fall winds, it was perfect weather! Later we stoped by a members home and we walked into a birthday party! Haha all the kids that were at the party were from church and when we showed up they were all yelling "Elder Marzo! Elder Marzo!" Haha. I did some of my weird dance moves and the kids just lost it, they thought it was sooo funny!









Tuesday we had district meeting and I gave a training on the importance of prayer. I love prayer. It is such a blessing that we are given the opportunity we have to talk to our father in heaven when ever we want. I wish before my mission I understood the importance of prayer. The experiences I have had and the things that I've learned through prayer while on my mission have been such testimony building experiences that prayer has changed me. It is sooo important to pray. I know I've discussed it before but prayer is one of our "lifelines" with God. If we don't pray then we will not have a relationship with our father in heaven. Later that day I was on an exchange with Elder Decker in scotch plains. Went to a few members homes, knocked, went to the chapel. It was a fun exchange. One of the main goals was to discuss the different things that test our patience on the mission and how we can develop coping skills in orders to have an "almost stress free" environment in the mission. Stress in important. Stress helps you grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and spirituality but, too much stress can be dangerous. I've seen too many missionaries this past year get to a "Dangerous" level of stress all because they do not know how to cope with the stresses that the mission brings. As a leader I have the opportunity to go one-on-one with elders in my district and help them develop coping skills. I'm doing this with all of them even if they've had a pretty easy time so far only because I know that everyone experiences things at different times. It was kinda of ironic why I was wanting to talk to these elder about this because while I was on exchange I got a call and I was notified that one of the elders in my district was going home, which meant that I was going to be in a trio for the next three weeks.

Wednesday I was with Elder Decker until around noon. We went to service and made some plans together. We exchanged back and it was crazy from there on haha. Elder Meek is now with Elder Ferolino and I.  So now we have a car and we are working two areas for the next two weeks. We had appointments every hour for the rest of the night and we also had or FHE which no one really came to.

Thursday we did some weekly planning. Figured out how we're to do this whole working two areas thing. Them we had appointments pretty much the rest of the day. It was also Elder Meeks birthday and when we told that to some members we were visiting the father left and just walked out the door. He came back about ten min later with a cake for Elder Meek! Haha it was hilarious!

Friday we went to service at the Salvation Army, did some planning and then we had appointments for the rest of the day.

Saturday we had a meeting at the chapel with our ward mission leader and then he took us out to lunch afterwards. It was kinda hard to see anyone because everyone is out visiting family for the long weekend. So we stoped by a few members and did some finding.

Sunday was great! We had a meeting before church and another one after. Testimony meeting was so spiritual! I'm just filled with love for the people here in Perth Amboy when I can see that they are growing and learning. One of our less actives who's coming back bore her testimony and it was so powerful! After church we had a lunch appointment with a member family and a few other appointments later. At one of the appointments we were all put in handcuffs! Haha! The last part of the night was that I got to see my recent convert and his family from jersey city! They came to Perth Amboy because santos just got his license. Oh man it was so nice to see them and talk to them, see how they're and all. I'll get to see them again in December at the Spanish Christmas fireside that we have every year.

Well that's what my week looked like. It's going to be two more crazy weeks until the end of the transfer!
Have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Marz






















No comments:

Post a Comment