Wednesday, September 20, 2017

EMAIL: Week 59 - Zone Leader & Transfer to ENGLISH Speaking Trenton Area

WRITTEN: 9/11/17
(Watch funny video at the bottom..)

Hey fam and friends! As you may have seen on Facebook I moved to Trenton on Tuesday. Kinda crazy but I'll tell you more about it.

Monday was pday not much other than that.

Tuesday was nutz. We had interviews with President Hess, and then we had district meeting and I gave a training on obedience and how important it is for missionaries to obey the commandments and the rules in the mission to the fullest. If we do we will have the spirit with us constantly and we can really become Instruments in Gods hands. I related the commandments and the white handbook/Safeguards (missionary guidelines, rules, and expectations) to traffic signs. We all know that traffic signs help warn us for what's to come. They help us know in ahead of time when there will be a turn on the road or when the asphalt will end. You know we could say that those traffic signs are essential for us to be safe but if we don't look and follow then we can end up in a ditch. That's why we have commandments (white handbook and safeguards for missionaries ). They tell us and help us understand what's to come. They are there to help us! We had a senior couple move in and they were put in my district and they served a mission just prior to this one and they actually know the Allens! After that I was going on exchange with Elder Spendlove in scotch plains and we were about 40min into the exchange and I received a call from president. He called me to tell me that I was going to be a English zone leader in Trenton and I was to end the exchange that I was on and go back to Perth Amboy and pack to get to Trenton that night. The zone leader that I was replacing had to go home for medical reasons and so there needed to be a emergency transfer. So yeah the rest of the day was packing and writing some notes for some members. We made it to the mission home to drop off the elder that was going home and sister Hess had cookies right out of the oven for us! I love President and sister Hess, they really are the greatest! Then we drove down to Trenton. It was kinda sad leaving Perth Amboy and the Spanish program for now. I thought I was staying in Perth for a while and hopefully I'll be able to go back a serve there for some more time but if not I'll always come back to visit. I heard some pretty crazy things about the Trenton apartment. I heard that it has tons of mice! And that we live in a basement with a super short ceiling. Well when we got to the apartment all those things were true haha. I walked in with my bags and killed a mouse with a hammer, let's note that elder Berrett (my new comp that had been out for about 8 months. He's from Provo) had to stun it first with his shoe first before I got to it haha. And yes the basement is unfinished and the ceiling is about 6.4 and the air ducts aren't behind the walls so there are lots of obstacles in the way of my head haha. It will be an adventure to say the least haha. 

Wednesday we got up and went to service at a donation center and saw some other missionaries from our zone. After we had to go get some mouse poison cause the mouse problem was out of control. But it turns out we have some hybrid mutant mice because we can't find any dead mice but all we find are tons of kryptonite green mice poops everywhere haha, yeah it's nasty.

Thursday we did some weekly planning and some zone planning. Went out and did some finding later and got to know the area a little more. Later we met with our ward mission leader and had coordination.

Friday we went to TASK (Trenton Area Soup Kitchen) for a few hours and fed like 300 people. And after we went a got some glue traps because we were sick and tired of finding more and more green poops. Next thing you know in two hours we got one. In 8 hours while we were out we killed 4. 

Saturday we went by some member and investigators. Not a whole lot happened. We had one of the young men who's in our ward come out with us and he leaves for his mission for Mexico on October 9. Later we saw one of our investigators Alexis. She's 10 and she's super cool! Way independent and can't wait to be baptized. Her older sister is a member too

Sunday was great! Church starts at 1:45. We had some meetings and other things before. It was really weird being in an English ward! I gave the opening prayer and it was so different! Anyways in elders quorum we talked about virtues and I mad so many new discoveries in that lesson. Maybe they were things I already knew but they just resonated within me. To have virtue is really just to have high moral standards. "Let virtue (high moral standards) garnish thy thoughts". 

And today we stoped by an Orvis store that's in our area. Man has it been a long time! I need to go fishing soon, I haven't been in a few transfers.


Well other than all that I'm doing great. Just trying to get settled in. Looking forward to next week.
Here is my new address:
...

Have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Marz





FUNNY SPECIAL EMAiL ON PDAY.. MADE US ALL LAUGH BECAUSE WE KNOW HOW MUCH EVAN... AHEM, ELDER MARZ... LOVES LOVES LOVES FLY FISHING. I KNOW FOR HIM THIS MISSIONARY STUFF IS A PAINFUL
BUT TOTALLY WORTHY SACRIFICE :) WATCH THE VIDEO


No comments:

Post a Comment