Wednesday, September 20, 2017

EMAIL: Week 50 - P-Day at the Beach and Pres. Hess

WRITTEN: 7/10/17








Tuesday was the 4th of July! Happy late 4th! Hope you all have some fun with fire works. I remember last year when I bought some big ones and did them out in the street, good times! Well it our pday and we just went to the chapel all day cause there was a day-long fiesta with the ward. Food, games, little swimming pools for he kids, a jumpy house, and lots of people! We had permission to stay out later that night to see the fireworks so we went to the beach right outside our apartment and watched all the fireworks. There were a ton of people but it was super fun! 

Wednesday we went to service, did some weekly planning and had some appointments with members and investigators. A pretty tranquilo day. We stoped by the chapel and one of our members was teaching a dance class! The members here are so awesome!

Thursday we had zone conference in Newark. I got to meet President and sister Hess! They are sooo awesome, I love them already! President Hess is really funny! The whole meeting they just talked about their story and how they met and all that cool stuff. They talked about the MTC and the opportunity they had to be with the quorum of the twelve apostles. I can't wait to see how the mission will grow with Pres and sister Hess. After Zone conference we had an exchange.  Because I'm a district leader all members of my district will come with me to my area to see how to be better in their own areas. My area has to be the perfect example area of how missionary work is done so that elders can see what they need to do to see success. My responsibility as a district leader is to train, teach, and motivate these elders and that's what these exchanges are for. Elder Brinkerhoff came with me. He's been out about 8 months and he's from Idaho. Such a stud and plus he's ripped!

Friday we finished up the exchange. Changed back and then went out and saw some people. Met with a few members and then while we were doing some knocking I found a tiny tiny frog, it was so cool. I wanted to take it home haha.



Saturday was a very long day! We were out of our apartment by 9:30 cause we had appointments all day starting in the morning. Anyways to keep it short, 6 of our appointments cancelled so we walked and knocked pretty much all day and we didn't get in a single home. Super hot and humid! It wasn't the greatest to say the least haha. On the way home we decided to stop my a member cause just wanted to actually talk to at least someone who wanted to talk to us haha. It was all good in the end cause they gave us ice cream haha, ice cream makes everything better! And we shared with them the Mormon message from Elder Holland "Good Things to Come". He recalls his days as a poor young father with a broken-down family car and testifies that for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, there are better days and good things to come. And after I watched the video it kinda clicked about how our day went. Nothing was going right and we weren't going anywhere but we knew what we were doing was what we were supposed be doing and next thing you know after some patience and time we were given the opportunity to meet with a member family who might have needed this message and the good things came. I know that as long as we do what we are supposed be doing, doing what God wants us to do then good things will come! Blessing are in store! (Watch the video! It takes place in southern Utah)

Sunday was great as always! It felt like we were at the church for what seemed like years cause of all the meetings we had but they were all good. We met with some members and I got attacked my mosquitos. Seriously though I think I've developed an allergy to mosquito bites like what Wally had. I got bit on my knuckle and I thought I was growing another finger. It got so big and so tight that I couldn't bend it😬. But it all good now:)

And today we were at the beach with the whole zone doing volleyball and frisbee and doing a little fishing. It was really fun and now we are at a ward birthday party👍

Well that's how my week went. It's kinda crazy that in one year from tomorrow I'll be on my way home. That's nuts!

Have an amazing week everyone!

Love,
Elder Marz












No comments:

Post a Comment