Wednesday, September 20, 2017

EMAIL: WEEK 47 - TRANSFERS AND FISH

WRITTEN : 6/19/17





Hey everyone!

Well we got the news last night, the transfer is over and it looks like I'm leaving Dover. Kinda sad but I'll be back! Im going to Perth Amboy walking.

Well I'll tell you about my last week in Dover.
Monday it was hotttt! We went to the park to play some basketball and after about one game we were all out haha.

Tuesday we had our last district meeting of the transfer. I gave a training on listening and how important it is to listen. Listen to the spirit, listen attentively when someone is talking to you, being aware of their body language. Lots of things we went over. One of the most important thing though is that most missionaries listen while looking for something they can say. That's not good. We need to be listening not with the intention to respond but to seek the spirit guidance. When we follow the spirit on what to say to someone, that's were they can feel love and the spirit and they know that we are representatives of Jesus Christ. Anyways pretty cool stuff. After district meeting we went on an exchange with the zone leaders. I went with elder Quintero. He's a really fun guy, he was in the portugués program for 11 months!

Wednesday we finished up the exchange and we went to service. Did some cleaning and then we had a few appointments. We finally had an appointment with Omar. He dropped us. It's really sad but he's just not quite ready to take those steps to baptism. His wife is a big problem, she won't support him in this so for right now we are going to leave him alone and in time he'll be baptized. He has had to many experiences already with us to not be baptized. It's just a matter of time! And then after that we went to English class really quick and then drove to bound brook which is about an hour away. I had to do a baptismal interview for some sisters in my district. His name was Cesar, super sweet kid. Really trying to do better in life and follow Christ's example. We didn't get home till 10 cause it was so far away😬

Thursday we did some weekly planning and some more cleaning. Had an appointment with a member and her non member husband which was nice. She's from Uruguay and he's American and they speak English always. It's really weird and awkward to have lessons in English haha. Later we picked up Elder Venharren. He's a traveling Assistant he's going to be with us for a few days. So he goes around and goes on exchanges with elders 24/7. He doesn't have his own area. He sleeps on a pad and brings all of his own food. He usually stays for 3 days per companionship. He just comes and helps the leaders in the mission do what president wants them do. He helped us with our area, the members, and our investigators. 

Friday we went to service building homes and an elder had to dropped off with us so he could have a companion for a few ours while his comp was at a meeting. It was elder Miller! He was one of my comps in the MTC and so it was Elder Brooks and I, Elder Venharren, and Elder Miller. All four of us, let's just say it was kinda crazy. It was really nice though cause when we went out contacting we just went on splits and we were being twice as effective! 

Saturday we were bouncing around. He had a few appointments at the chapel, a few other ones and some contacting, trying by people. Later we went to a baptism! The sisters in our ward here in Dover are baptizing a mother and a daughter. It was really spiritual! I've been best friends with their little son since we met! We met at a ward activity and he came right up to me and started talking about soccer and figit spinners and all sorts of stuff haha. Every time he comes to church he always calls dibs on sitting next to me haha. When he saw his mom and sister get baptized he said "I want to be baptized too!", baptisms are soooo powerful! During church he said to me that he wants to be one of the guys that phones around with the bread and water and I told him he could in a few years when he turns twelve (he's only 9) and he just got super excited! It reminds me of a scripture I read this week in D&C 84:20 "20 Therefore, in the ordinances thereof, the power of godliness is manifest."
Boom! This is why inviting you friends to church and baptisms are sooo important! It's soo cool!



Sunday we went to church, had two meetings after church at the same time so we just did splits, it's really nice having a third man with us! Came back home, I made some sloppy joes for all of us and then we went contacting for a little bit, dropped off some thank you notes to some members and then finished off the exchange with elder Venharren and dropped him back off with his companion Elder Wildman. After that we had a meal appointment with the Montenegros (my favorite family!) really though they are the greatest and they are soo loving. I was pretty sure it was going to be my last time there for a long time so I made sure I got some pictures! Hermano Montenegro was getting pretty sad, he really bonds with the missionaries and loves them a lot. I gave him my last hug and he squeezed my face and said "te amo" (i love you). It was a really special moment cause I felt his love and as missionaries it's sometimes hard to feel the love from the members because it's routine for us to go over to their homes and eat and talk and share a message but in this moment I felt the love he has for me and other missionaries. Don't forget while you may be doing small acts of service for your family and friends and you don't feel any different just know they love you tremendously!

Sunday night we got the call that I'll be going to Perth Amboy with Elder Sillampa. I served a little bit around him in jersey city but now we will be comps. He like to fish too so I'm excited! 

That's what my week looked like, love you guys!


Love,
Elder Marz













No comments:

Post a Comment