Wednesday, September 20, 2017

EMAIL: Week 44 - Temple Trip in Manhattan

WRITTEN 5/29/17


Hello everyone! 
This week was really awesome, let me tell you about it!

Tuesday we went to service and had a few lessons with some members and then we went to our English class. The class is working pretty well. We just made some new cards with the info and then we made some new rip-off flyers for laundrymats and restaurants. Since then we have seen a lot more people coming. We had like 11 people come and 9 of them were Colombians.

Wednesday. WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE! Man I love the temple! The primary song I love to see the temple just encompasses all that I love about the temple!
"I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

2. I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever."

The temple is sooo amazing! I feel so blessed to be able to visit a temple every six months while I'm on my mission! It was pretty much an all day thing with the whole zone. We ate afterward at some of the food carts and then me and a few other elders went inside century 21 to look at some ties haha.
Later that night we had to be in Morristown because I had to do a baptismal interview with an investigator that's being taught by the Morristown sisters. It went really well! He's getting baptized on Saturday!

Thursday we did weekly planning for some members and our investigators and then we did some knocking and then had an appointment with our investigator Edwin.

Friday was zone conference in Morristown. Oh man I love some conference too. Such a spiritual filling experience. Lots of really great trainings on how to be better missionaries and how to become missionaries that don't become part of the "statistics". President Taggart gave a training of how faith turns into power/confidence. It's so true! When we have faith things happen! But when we don't have faith then we don't have power to do anything! "Faith will increase through diligent scripture study, prayer, meaningful service, and obedience to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and the commandments."

Saturday there were some pretty crazy storms but we put up some more flyers, talked to people on the street and we were getting ready for a ward activity. Inviting people asking them to bring stuff and to bring their friends. The activity didn't turn out like we were hoping to. Only like 6-7 people came. We cooked up some chorizo on the grill and we had some sodas and popsicles. Ran a rope between two trees and called it a volleyball net haha. The numbers were few but it was still fun! We had an appointment with Omar, he's doing good.

Sunday we had a meeting before church. We have a new elders quorum now and a new ward mission leader so some good things are happening! Later we had a dinner appointment with the Montenegro family. They are so awesome! Definitely one of my favorite families I've met yet! Awesome missionary family. They invited two of their friends from the Bronx NY! We love it when members are proactive at inviting friends to meet the missionaries. They have an awesome yard and we've been eating outside lately because the weather has been really nice!

Well that's what my week looked like. It's crazy this past week I hit my 10 month mark! Sooo crazy!

Have an awesome week!


Love, Elder Marz 

No comments:

Post a Comment