Wednesday, September 20, 2017

EMAIL: Week 46 - Jersey is treating me well...

WRITTEN 6/12/17

Happy pday everyone! Jersey is still treating me well. The sun is out and it's getting hotter and hotter and I love it!

Well guys here's what my crazy filled week looked like😂



Monday we were all together as a mission. We met at the church to do a little clothing exchange and then we all went to the park. Each zone did a chant to start the day off and then we all went our own ways and played all types of sports. After the park we all went back to the church, had cafe rio lunch and we did a reenactment of the Book of Mormon. Our zone was responsible for chapter one up until Nephi and his family leave in a boat. I was chosen to be Nephi (not a bad pick if I do say so myself!😂 I rolled up my sleeves for the whole thing and then like when I killed Laban I just shot him with my laser sound😂. Everyone thought it was pretty funny!), and then we had elder Brooks be lamen and his brother Lemuel elder crowther (btw they are both tiny so it was perfect!). It was really funny! We incorporated all the little inside jokes and the sayings of Pres Taggart into it. After we went into the chapel for the last little part and we said our last goodbyes as a mission to the Taggarts. It was super sad but we could all feel the spirit so strongly. We all know that Pres Taggart has just poured his whole heart and soul into this mission and because of that we have seen amazing miracles. I'm excited to meet Pres Hess and his wife but I know things will be a little different.

Tuesday morning I had a early morning call will the the zone leaders and all the other district leaders in zone one. And then we had district meeting later that morning. I gave a training to my district on how to be better at something we call "How to begin teaching" it's a part in preach my gospel that really talks about how and what we can say to start teaching someone. It all starts with gaining their trust. Asking questions, getting to know them, sharing experiences, and asking deeper more meaningful questions. Later we had a really spiritual lesson with Omar. He's doing better, we are really worried for him though. We feel like his wife is pulling him down. It's sad to say but it he might need more time until he's ripe! We had our English class and we talked about feelings. It was a really fun class! I drew all the pictures but I don't think they really made a difference😂

Wednesday we had service and then we had an appointment with a less active member who had been coming to church the past two week so that's awesome! We gave him a blessing because he was sick. He's got two beautiful little girls, they are half Ukrainian and half Chilean. Interesting mix right? But man are they adorable! I can't wait till I'm allowed to hold kids again, I've definitely missed that!

Thursday we did some weekly planning and then mostly finding for the rest of it.

Friday we had service and then we had a few member appointments in hackettstown but after those we came back to Dover and went to the park. This time of the year in the afternoon the parks are super full of people!

Saturday we had a meeting with our new ward mission leader at the church. And we had a few appointments after that. We decided to do a table stand type thing in the park and we gave out free popsicles. It was really awesome because we had 11 people give us their info because they wanted a Book of Mormon. And 9 of those people live in our area! Woohoo

Sunday we had a meeting at 7:30 at the church with our ward mission leader and one of president Taggarts councilors. He wants to make sure that we are doing things correctly in the ward. He gave a talk and then he did a joint Sunday school class with everyone. It was really good! He talked about the obstacles and trials that members have with sharing the gospel and what we can do to overcome them. After church our day was crazy! We had 7 appointments! Haha not all of them were meal appointments, I would have died if they were😂. We are doing this quick activity with the whole ward and we go over to there house and right down all of the people that they know. And the goal is to leave with at least 100 names. We've done it 4 times and we have over 500 names! The goal of this activity is so the members can see that they know a lot of people! And lots of those people they can share the gospel with!

Well that's what my week looked like and I'm sorry I've been really bad at the whole taking pictures thing but I had elder Brooks take a picture of me while we were driving home last week so I hope that will do! 

Have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Marz
"Todos me llamen el rey tiburón"




No comments:

Post a Comment